Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes



 Today is Mother's Day! The day my husband spoils me to let me know how much he appreciates me for being a momma, and also the day I spend thinking about how much I love my sweet little daughter and my husband who make it such a joy to be a mother. And thanking God so much for the extraordinary gift of motherhood! And for lemon poppy seed pancakes.... 



  My husband actually offered to make me breakfast in bed, but I really wanted to make these pancakes. So he cleaned up after me in the kitchen as a compromise.

Ingredients


Glaze
6-8 T powdered sugar
Juice of one lemon 

Pancakes:

2
 C all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
A pinch of salt
1/3 C poppy seeds
Zest of 1 1/2 lemon 
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 2/3 C milk
2 large eggs (lightly beaten) 
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 


Directions 


1. Mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice with a fork until smooth. Set aside.

2. Mix together wet ingredients. Sift in dry ingredients. Cook pancakes over medium-high heat on a non-stick skillet with butter or cooking spray. 
Flip when begins to bubble. About 2 minutes on each side.

3. Keep cooked pancakes warm on a cookie sheet inside an oven heated to about 100F.

4. Serve with glaze, fresh berries, and additional lemon zest, if desired. Enjoy, and Happy Mother's Day! 


Comments

Popular Posts